Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Deviled Eggs Ambition

I came home today at 1:30 pm completely starving. I had gotten distracted in Target trying on bathing suits and pushed my hunger level too far. When I got to the safety of my kitchen, I remembered that Mark had boiled eggs this morning, so I set about making myself 2 deviled eggs. Overjoyed at the prospect of a tasty snack but also realizing the effort and mess I was creating to make just 2 deviled eggs, I wished that there was a deli where I could go and buy delicious deviled eggs. Mark and I once ate at a restaurant that had deviled eggs as an appetizer and I thought it was the greatest menu item. Note to Self: If I owned a restaurant, I would have deviled eggs on the menu every day. The menu would read something like "Deviled Eggs -- farm-fresh eggs, mayo, yellow mustard, garlic salt." And something about tossing out one of the egg white halves, because the whole point to eating deviled eggs in my world is the yolk mixture. It is not my original idea -- a famous deli in NY makes its egg salad with the proportion of yolks to white of 2:1.

No comments:

Post a Comment